NATIONAL BIBLE BEE HOST AGREEMENT
This Host Agreement confirms the agreement between you, the undersigned, and The Shelby Kennedy Foundation, Inc. ("SKF", also known as "National Bible Bee Headquarters") for the 2018 National Bible Bee. Under this Host Agreement, your participation is defined as acting as a Local Host. The intent of this Agreement is to outline the working relationship and mutual expectations between you, as the Host, and SKF.
"The vision of the National Bible Bee is to know God’s Word and make Him known. To fulfill this vision, our mission is to engage young people in the memorization and study of God’s Word and provide opportunities to proclaim it through local, national and broadcast competitions. To this end, the National Bible Bee sanctions Local Hosts and their Local Event Teams.”
By agreeing to serve as a Local Host, you are stating that you:
- Agree not to dispute, challenge or debate The Shelby Kennedy Foundation Statement of Faith.
- Consent to a Background Check
- Will review, agree to be bound by, comply with, and follow all National Bible Bee rules, guidelines and the Host Terms and Conditions.
- Will make clear in advertising and in dealings with the public that your host group is sanctioned by, not sponsored by, SKF.
HOST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERM: This Host Agreement commences upon signing, and expires at the end of the calendar year. A new agreement must be signed for future contests; provided, however, the provisions relating to Confidentiality outlined below shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOCAL CONTEST AND INDEMNITY: The host and/or the local event team are solely responsible for organizing and operating NBB Proclaim! Day. Depending on the scope, The Shelby Kennedy Foundation (SKF) may in its sole discretion require the host and/or the local event team to obtain adequate insurance coverage with SKF named as an additional insured. It is the sole responsibility of the host and/or the local event team to (1) understand which local, state and federal laws, including, but not limited to, safety and other requirements, if any, apply to NBB Proclaim! Day, and (2) fully comply with those requirements before hosting a NBB Proclaim! Day. The host and/or the local event team indemnify and hold harmless SKF, its officers, agents, employees and attorneys against any and all liability, claims, suits, losses, costs, and legal fees caused by, arising out of, or resulting from the NBB Proclaim! Day and any associated events.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF SKF: The host agrees to not make any unauthorized use or distribution of SKF's intellectual property including, but not limited to, the National Bible Bee Summer Study Host and/or Participant Guidebooks, Discovery Journal, National Bible Bee logo, or other materials.
PROCTORING THE NBBC QUALIFYING TEST:
If as a host you choose to Proctor the NBBC Qualifying Test, you will be required to sign an online Proctor Agreement and provide a copy of your state-issued ID.
NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT: As a host, you will have access to certain Confidential Information (defined below). To protect such Confidential Information and as a condition to SKF providing you with access to such Confidential Information, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Confidential Information. "Confidential Information" means any information disclosed by, on behalf of, or at the request of SKF, either directly or indirectly, in writing, orally or by inspection of tangible objects, including, without limitation, any information that relates to SKF or its agents, including, without limitation, Enthuse Entertainment, and their owners, directors, managers, officers, employees, or agents actual or anticipated business or research and development, business plans, product plans, customer data, customer lists, customer names, donor lists, suppliers, security, business records, designs, documents, drawings, engineering information, technical data, financial information and financial analysis, hardware configuration information, inventions, marketing and marketing plans, processes, product plans, products and services and markets thereof, research, specifications, software, source code, trade secrets, or any personal, non-public information. The Confidential Information may also include information previously disclosed to SKF by a third party. Confidential Information shall not, however, include any information which (a) is now or hereafter becomes, through no act or failure to act on the part of you, generally known or available in the public domain, (b) You can demonstrate was rightfully in your possession prior to its disclosure to you by SKF, (c) is obtained by you from a third party without a breach of any obligation to SKF, or (d) is independently developed by you without use of or reference to the Confidential Information.
- You agree (a) to hold the Confidential Information in strict confidence, (b) not to use the Confidential Information for any purpose other than as part of your official duties, and (c) not to disclose, make available or otherwise provide access to the Confidential Information to any third party. In addition, you agree that you will not reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any prototypes, software or other tangible objects that embody the Confidential Information.
- Maintenance of Confidentiality. You agree to take all reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality of and to prevent the unauthorized use or disclosure of the Confidential Information. Without limiting the foregoing, you shall take at least those precautions that you take to protect your own most highly confidential information. You shall not copy the Confidential Information without SKF's prior written authorization. You shall reproduce the SKF's proprietary rights notices on any such authorized copies in the same manner in which such notices were set forth in or on the original. You shall promptly notify SKF, in writing, in the event of any unauthorized use or disclosure of the Confidential Information.
- Required Disclosure. You may disclose the Confidential Information if and only to the extent that such disclosure is required by any request or order of any governmental authority or by applicable law; provided, however, you shall, if possible, notify SKF in writing of any such order or request prior to disclosing any of the Confidential Information in response to such order or request and provide reasonable assistance to SKF in its attempt to limit or prevent such disclosure
- Return of Confidential Information. Upon SKF's request, you will promptly (a) return to SKF all copies of the Confidential Information, (b) destroy all notes, abstracts and other documents containing the Confidential Information and (c) provide to SKF a written certification that you have done so.
- No License. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to grant any rights to you in or to (a) any of the Confidential Information except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or (b) any patent, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right of SKF.
- Injunctive Relief. You acknowledge that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the Confidential Information would cause irreparable harm to SKF and that monetary damages would be inadequate to compensate SKF for any such unauthorized use or disclosure. Accordingly, you agree that SKF will have the right to obtain immediate injunctive relief against any breach or threatened breach of this Agreement, without the necessity of proving actual damages or posting a bond, as well as the right to pursue any and all other rights and remedies available at law, in equity or otherwise for such a breach or threatened breach.
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION: If a dispute arises out of, or relates to, this Agreement or the breach thereof, or for breach of warranty, express or implied, or tort and if the dispute cannot first be settled through good faith negotiations, the parties agree to attempt in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation in Bexar County, Texas. Mediation shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Mediation Procedures before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, or for breach of warranty, express or implied, or tort not resolved by mediation shall proceed to binding arbitration in Bexar County, Texas, administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules.
CHOICE OF LAW, JURISDICTION AND VENUE: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas. Any action brought to enforce any provision of this Agreement or for breach of warranty, express or implied, or tort shall be brought in Bexar County, Texas, in any Court of competent jurisdiction.
ATTORNEY'S FEES AND COSTS: In the event that a dispute arises related to this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be awarded reasonable attorney fees and costs.
NO WAIVER: Any waiver of any terms or conditions of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of any other breach of such terms or conditions or any other term or condition, nor shall any failure to enforce any provision hereof operate as a waiver of such provision or of any other provision hereof.
AMENDMENT: This Agreement may not be amended, nor shall any waiver, change, modification, consent or discharge be affected except by an instrument in writing executed by or on behalf of the party against whom enforcement of any amendment, waiver, change, modification, consent or discharge is sought.
SEVERABILITY: If any provision of this Agreement shall be held invalid under the laws of any jurisdiction governing its provisions, such section shall be limited consistent with its intent so that it is valid, or if this is not possible, deleted from this Agreement and shall have no impact upon the other terms of this Agreement, which shall survive with all other provisions intact.
National Bible Bee Google+ Communities refers to the:
National Bible Bee Host Community
National Bible Bee Participant Community
National Bible Bee Alumni Community
National Bible Bee Moderator Community
The National Bible Bee Communities serve as a forum for Staff, Hosts, Alumni, and Participants to collaborate and encourage one another throughout their National Bible Bee experiences.
APPROPRIATE COMMUNICATION: Within the NBB Communities, the following methods of communication are encouraged and should be practiced:
- Esteeming others with respect
- Remaining calm and graceful
- Encouraging one another
INAPPROPRIATE COMMUNICATION: Within the NBB Communities, the following actions are NOT allowed:
- Obscene language
- Immoral innuendos
- Disrespectful or hurtful remarks
- Speaking about the NBB or the NBB staff or any NBB Parents/Hosts/Contestants in a rude or disrespectful way
The NBB Communities are designed to facilitate community and provide an outlet for information from the NBBHQ. In the event that I have a concern, disagreement, or complaint to make known to NBBHQ, I will not use the NBB Communities as a means to voice these concerns. Instead, I will address the issue by emailing email@example.com and will work with NBBHQ to resolve my concerns. I further understand that I am not permitted to use the NBB Communities to promote any third party product, program, or business of any kind, and that all of my posts and comments are subject to scrutiny and may be removed at any time with or without notice. I understand that my access to the NBB Communities may be suspended or terminated at any time based on the content of my comments and posts.
2018 NATIONAL BIBLE BEE MODERATOR AGREEMENT
This is an agreement between authorized Moderators and the Shelby Kennedy Foundation (also referred to as SKF, The National Bible Bee, and NBBHQ).
Moderators serve a key role in representing the National Bible Bee Headquarters to Hosts online, through the Official National Bible Bee Host Community on Google+.
As a Moderator for the Official National Bible Bee Host Community on Google+, you must be in full agreement to the following terms:
I understand that I am a liaison between NBBHQ and the Host community online. Anything I choose to communicate on the Official National Bible Bee Host Community on Google+ (including, but not limited to posts and comments) must be in alignment and agreement with the tenets of the National Bible Bee as expressed in the Host Agreement.
Information conveyed by Moderator in the online forum must be in accordance with official information provided by the National Bible Bee. This official information is available to the Moderator in the form of posts from Administrators and the Official Documents uploaded to the Community i.e. NBB Summer Study Guidebooks and NBBC Rulebook.
In the event that I may have a personal concern or disagreement with any person, policy, or decision from NBBHQ, I will address the issue with an NBBHQ Administrator, and will work with SKF to resolve the conflict. I will not use the Official National Bible Bee Host Community on Google+ as a means to voice these issues.
I will only communicate information relative to the National Bible Bee.
Failure to adhere to these terms will result in the termination of your status as a Moderator for the Official National Bible Bee Host community on Google+.
THE SHELBY KENNEDY FOUNDATION STATEMENT OF FAITH
This Statement of Faith describes the core beliefs that underlie both The Shelby Kennedy Foundation and The National Bible Bee.
We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God to man, the infallible, all-sufficient, final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (II Timothy 3:16)
We believe in one infinite, triune God: Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. (John 1:1, Colossians 2:9, Acts 5:3,4)
We believe Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Having lived without sin, He died and was resurrected in His own body for my atonement and resurrection. (John 1:1, 14, Matthew 1:23, 24, Hebrews 4:15, I Corinthians 15:1-4, John 2:19-21, Acts 26:23, I Corinthians 15:20,23)
We believe that only through Christ's death on the cross, by the shedding of His blood and His resurrection we are saved and justified. Salvation is by grace, through faith and is the free gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8,9, Romans 5:9, Ephesians 1:7)
We believe in the bodily resurrection of all mankind: of the believer to an everlasting dwelling with God in heaven, of the nonbeliever to an everlasting, conscious hell without God. (John 3:16-18, John 5:28-29)
We believe that the Holy Spirit, indwelling in the believer, enables him/her to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13,14 I Corinthians 3:16, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)
We believe in the imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)